August 28, 2010

A summer of creativity


This summer has been great. Relaxed, fun and full of projects - which I love. Some of them needed to be done (house chores) and some I created to have an outlet for my creativity. I get in project moods... you know? Where I want to create, or decorate, or paint or build, or revamp something. Matt is patient to let me do those things - he even bought me a table saw for our anniversary. (Yes, for me, not himself.) I love it. He knows my need to have that outlet. His is Playstation or reading or writing/blogging. Mine is crafting.

So, here are a few of the things we've been doing this summer.
1. My first attempt at a vegetable garden. Cucumbers and grape tomatoes were the easiest, along with herbs. From fresh picked in a bowl, to bruschetta with tomatoes and freshly picked basil, to chicken salad with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, it's been a success. I'll try it again.

2. Chalkboard table. Got the table for $3 on clearance at BB&B. Don't know why it was, the box was opened, but the pieces were all there. Bought chalkboard paint for $4 and voila. A $7 table for Heidi and her friends to color on. So far, impressed with the chalkboard paint...

3. After 8 years of marriage and 3 hand-me-down dining room tables, we though we'd bite the bullet and get one we like. Tried long and hard to make an old antique door work for a table. Still have the door, still have the dream of using it. Maybe later. In the meantime, here's what we got. Seats 8. Glad to have it now that 25 (!) new Forge students are coming next Saturday. Thanks to Freelantz Design for the new table and even new settings and centerpiece!

A friend decorated a hutch in her house. That inspired me to deco our shelves. The shelves inspired the desk area. The desk, the kitchen area... what's next? Any votes on what the next craft should be? 2 months to make a Halloween costume for Heidi...

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration, you are, friend! Good times & fun memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new table!! Miss being your neighbor friend!

    ReplyDelete