May 5, 2008

Through and Through























Well, we're overdue for an update. Life has been pretty busy for the month of April - but the nice thing is, it's not April anymore. Here's what's been cookin in our lives over the past month:
--We started pre-natal classes! That has been an adventure....for me especially! :) We watched "the video" this last week and this week we get a tour of the hospital and educated on all of the medications or "interventions" that could be utilized during delivery. Darcie is entering her 3rd trimester this month, so the reality of having a baby is growing larger and larger - especially when her belly moves and wiggles! (We haven't decided on a name yet - we're just not ready to commit....my guess is that we might even wait until she is born before we decide. We'll see.)

--I turned 30 years old and Darcie threw me not only a surprise birthday party, but also a celebration of my first 10 years of full-time ministry. Darcie was sneaky and managed to get people in town that have been a part of those 10 years who are very special to me. It made for a tremendously fun evening and Darcie scored some major points with me too. :)

--We graduated our 3rd class of Forge students. This year I was almost not even ready for it. They keep going faster and faster each time we do it - but it was a great year and a fantastic group of young men and women. They were so sweet to me - they gave me a Katana as a thank-you gift; the sword was forged by Charles Adams - someone whom I have gotten to know by running a program called the Forge. If you look in the group picture above, you can see Adam holding the sword up over his head.

--Saw Cinco through his first ear infection. He's fine, but he shakes his head a lot and we had the daily joy of putting ear drops in his ears - no small task, I assure you.

--We made 3 trips to our camp in Columbus, TX called Crier Creek - one for a manager's retreat, one for a family day promoting our new youth camp down there called the Outback, and one trip to rest and relax with the Forge students just before graduation.
It was a busy month, but a good one. We're looking forward to our vacation coming up here this week as we take some time to relax and unwind in Denver, Colorado! Some people have told us that we're going on a "babymoon" since it's our last trip together before our daughter is born.

1 comment:

  1. darcie!!
    heyy!

    I can't wait to read about everything on this! haha!

    See you soon!
    :)

    ReplyDelete