October 3, 2008

Cinco: Uno

Well, Darcie has just about taken over this blog, so I figured I better chime in with something blog-worthy of my own.  

Just to bring everyone up to date on things with me:
1.  The Forge students are doing great.  We go on our first official trip on Monday and we're all pretty excited about being gone for a week (except me, really...who would want to leave the two most beautiful girls I know for that long?  I must be crazy).
2.  The Forge website has been updated and enhanced - WAY cooler now.  Check it out.
3.  My fantasy football team has recovered from a dismal week 1 loss to go on a 3 game win streak.  Brandon Marshall and Gregg Jennings are good starters this year - and I got em both!
4.  Darcie and I are both trying to lose our baby weight and have started the Body for Life diet.  We just finished our second week and, I must say, I really like this eating/exercise plan.  Especially the days off when I get to have ice cream.   :)
5.  I caved in and bought an iPhone last month.  Pine Cove was re-doing its cell phone policy and gave us the option of buying our own phones.  I was wanting a larger iPod anyway - and, well, I must say I really do like it.  It's not just trendy and fun anymore - I really find it more useful than my other smart phone.  

That's about it for me right now.  But the real reason for the season is that our doggy, Cinco, turns one this weekend!  For those of you who don't know, his birthday is the 5th of October.  We got him on our 5th anniversary.  We thought Cinco would be a fun name for him.  

Here is a little ode to my dog on his first birthday:    


Cinco, the German long hair,
came home in October 07
with a soft brown coat
and yellow eyes that could coax
your heart in under a second.





Cute he was that first week or two
while we played in the yard with his ball,
but soon we would see
this precocious puppy
was not so calm after all.





We built him a house, bought him some toys,
and trained him the way he should go,
but he dug holes in the sand,
barked, nipped, whined and...man!
even disobeyed when we'd tell him, "No!"





Don't get me wrong, I'm not all that mad -
even when he lets out a toot;
He loves to play
makes you laugh and say,
"Cinco, it's a good thing you're cute."







When he's tired - he's cute and, really, quite snuggly
and never needs a tap from the whomper.
But he eats trash of all kinds
(even the kitchen window blinds!)
so now we call him, "the chomper."






For all his faults - and even rough edges
Cinco really has taught us a lot.
How else could we be
so ready for Heidi
were it not for the lessons he's taught?

No comments:

Post a Comment