April 7, 2008

Every Day Has Its Dog










Now that I'm back from New Orleans it was time to pay some much needed attention to the two loves in my life: my wife and my dog. The attention I gave my wife is none of your business, but the adventures of Cinco will always be blog-worthy!

On Saturday we ventured out to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX because we needed to buy Cinco a new crate because he has gotten so big (he turned 6 months on the 5th and now weighs around 50lbs!). Well we decided it would be fun to take him out there with us and it proved to be quite the adventure for him as we walked him through "Dog Alley". Overstimulation, I think was the word he would have used to describe his experience. Whether it was coming face to face with a goat or tolerating all the people who wanted to pet him, he was sufficiently worn out - hence the sleeping picture in the car ride on the way home.

He got pretty dirty out there and he was long overdue for a bath, so on Sunday we took him out back and gave him a bath. Always a fun and giggly experience for Darcie and me, but sheer torture for Cinco. Well, maybe not torture - it's just not his idea of a good time. :)

This month will be a busy one for us. The Forge is wrapping up, my 30th birthday looms large on the horizon (ugh), I will be traveling 3 out of 4 weeks this month for job related things and we start our pre-baby classes this month, too. But we're always busy, so that's nothing new.

No comments:

Post a Comment